- Thurow, S (2019). Performing Indigenous Identities on the Contemporary Australian Stage: Land, People, Culture. Advances in Theatre and Performance Studies Series. London/New York: Routledge.
- Kenderdine, S. (2011). PLACE-Hampi: Inhabiting the Panoramic Imaginary of Vijayanagara. Heidelberg: Kehrer.
- Anderson J., Marshall C., Yip A. (eds.) (2016). The Legacies of Bernard Smith: Essays on Australian Art, History and Cultural Politics. Sydney: Power Publications.
- Thwaites, D. (ed.) (2013). Critical Animalia: A Decade Between Disciplines. Sydney: Critical Animals.
- Del Favero, D. & Thurow, S. (2020). Human-Machine Co-Agency in Art. In W. Tschapeller & C. Jauernik (eds.), Towards an Intra Space (pp.tbc). Schriftenreihe Academy of Fine Arts, Vienna, vol. 25. Berlin: Sternberg Press.
- Del Favero, D., Thurow, S. & Frohne, U. (2020). Artificial Intelligence and a New Dialogical Commons?. In W. Tschapeller & C. Jauernik (eds.), Towards an Intra Space (pp.tbc). Schriftenreihe Academy of Fine Arts, Vienna, vol. 25. Berlin: Sternberg Press.
- Yip, A, Dredge, P, Gerard-Austin, A & Ives, S (2020). Henry VR: Designing Affect-Oriented Virtual Reality Exhibitions for Art Museums. In H. Lewi (Ed.), The Routledge International Handbook of New Digital Practices in Galleries, Libraries, Archives, Museums and Heritage Sites. London: Routledge.
- Pailthorpe, B. (2016). Spatial Operations. In L. Slade (ed.), Sappers & Shrapnel: Contemporary Art and Art of the Trenches. Adelaide: Art Gallery of South Australia/Thames & Hudson.
- Thwaites, D. (2012). Anish Kapoor: Public Sculpture. In E.A. McGregor (ed.), Anish Kapoor “Living Catalogue”. Sydney: Museum of Contemporary Art.
- Thwaites, D. (2011). A Machiavellian Beauty: Ruling by Love and Fear. In G. Simpson (ed.), Exploring the Critical Issues of Beauty. ebook: The Inter-Disciplinary Press.
- Barker, T. (2011). Aesthetics of the Error: Media Art, the Machine, the Unforeseen and the Errant. In M. Nunes (ed.), Error: Glitch, Noise, and Jam in New Media Cultures. New York: Continuum.
- Kenderdine, S., Del Favero, D. & Brown, N. (2008). ‘PLACE-Hampi: Co-Evolutionary Narrative & Augmented Stereographic Panoramas,
Vijayanagara, India’ in Kalay, Y. (ed.), New Heritage: New Media & Cultural Heritage, Oxfordshire: Routledge, pp. 275-93, LP0669163 (2006-2008).
- Del Favero, D. (2006). ‘Immanence & Eventfulness’, in McQuire, S. (ed.), Conversations: The Parallax Effect. Sydney: iCinema. pp. 6-8, DP0209550 (2002-2004).
- Del Favero, D., Brown, N., Shaw, J. & Weibel, P. (2005). ‘T_Visionarium: Towards a Dialogic Concept of Digital Narrative’, in Flachbart, G. (ed.), Disappearing Architecture. Basel: Birkhäuser. pp. 144-51, DP0345547 (2003-2005).
- Del Favero, D., Brown, N., Shaw, J. & Weibel, P. (2005). ‘T_Visionarium: The Aesthetic Transcription of Televisual Databases’, in Frohne,
U. (ed.), Present Continuous Past: Media Art – Strategies of Presentation, Mediation & Dissemination. Vienna/New York: Springer. pp. 33-48, DP0345547 (2003-2005).
- Del Favero, D., Brown, N., Shaw, J. & Weibel, P. (2003). ‘Interactive Narrative as a Multi-Temporal Agency’, in Shaw, J. (ed.), Future Cinema: Cinematic Imaginary After Film, Cambridge: MIT Press, pp. 312-15.
- Del Favero, D. (2001). ‘Digitally Expanded Forms of Narration’, in Del Favero, D. (ed.), LOCATIONS, Karlsruhe/Sydney: ZKM and iCinema, pp. 8-9.
- de Belen, R.A.J., Bednarz, T., Sowmya A. & Del Favero, D. (2020) “Computer vision in autism spectrum disorder research: a systematic review of published studies from 2009 to 2019”, Translational Psychiatry, Volume 10, Article number: 333.
- Del Favero, D., de Belen, R.A.J. & Bednarz, T. (2019). “Combining Mixed Reality and Internet of Things: An Interaction Design Research on Developing Assistive Technologies for Elderly People”. In Human Aspects of IT for the Aged Population. Social Media, Games and Assistive Environments (291-304). Lecture Notes in Computer Science (including subseries Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence and Lecture Notes in Bioinformatics). Orlando: Springer.
- Thurow, S. (2018). “’Namatjira’: Beyond the Script – Visual and Performative Aesthetics as Conduits for the Communication of Western Arrernte Ontologies,” Australasian Drama Studies 73 (Special Issue Turangawaewae / A Place to Stand: Situating Contemporary Indigenous Performance in Australasia (and Beyond)): 130-59.
- Thwaites, D. (2018). “Spectres of French Theory: Australian Translations in the Work of Alex Martinis Roe and Shaun Gladwell,” Australian and New Zealand Journal of Art 18.1.
- Yip, A. (2017). “Review: The National 2017: New Australian Art,” Australian and New Zealand Journal of Art 17.2:256-60.
- Zhuang, Z., Pagnucco, M. & Zhang, Y (2017). “Inter-Definability of Horn Contraction and Horn Revision”. Journal of Philosophical Logic 46(3): 299–332.
- Dredge, P., Howard, D., Morgan, K., & Yip, A. (2017). “Unmasking Sidney Nolan’s Ned Kelly: X-ray Fluorescence Conservation Imaging, Art Historical Interpretation and Virtual Reality Visualisation,” Australian and New Zealand Journal of Art 17.2: 147-61.
- Yip, A. (2017). “The Ekphrasis Engine: Towards a New Industry Architecture for Digital Art Historical Practice in the Age of the Virtual,” Australian and New Zealand Journal of Art 17.2: 135-46.
- Thurow, S. (2017). “Response to the Metamaterial Turn: Performative Digital Methodologies for Creative Practice and Analytical Documentation in the Arts,” Australian and New Zealand Journal of Art 17.2: 238-50. DOI: 10.1080/14434318.2017.1450071.
- Yip, A. (2017). “Metadata and the Rhizome of Museum Practice,” _Artlink: Australian Contemporary Art Quarterly 37.1: 34-39.
- Yip, A. (2017). “Tatsuo Miyajima: Connect with Everything, MCA Australia | Time, Light, Japan: Japanese Art 1990s to Now, Art Gallery of NSW,” Artlink: Australian Contemporary Art Quarterly 37.1: 72-76.
- Yip, A. (2017). “Virtual Reality and the Museology of Consciousness,” Artlink: Australian Contemporary Art Quarterly 36.4: 42-47.
- Thwaites, D. (2017). “Danto, Derrida and the Artworld Frame,” Derrida Today 10.1: 67-88.
- Dredge, P., Ives, S., Howard, D.L., Spiers, K.M., Yip, A. & Kenderdine, S. (2015). “Mapping Henry: Synchrotron-Sourced X-ray Fluorescence Mapping and Ultra-High-Definition Scanning of an Early Tudor Portrait of Henry VIII”. Applied Physics A: Materials Science and Processing 121: 789–800.
- Thwaites, D. (2012). “Yoshua Okon: An Uncomfortable Kind of Humour,” Das Superpaper 25: 58-60.
- Brown, N., Barker, T. & Del Favero, D. (2011). “Performing Digital Aesthetics: The Framework for a Theory of the Formation of Interactive Narratives”, Leonardo 44.3: 212-19. DOI:10.1162/LEON\a\00165. DP0556659 (2005-2009).
- Del Favero, D. (2005). “How One Might Live: The 51st Venice Biennale”, Art Monthly: 3-9.
- Del Favero, D. (1995). “Scenario Urbano”, Art and Design: 20-29.
- Del Favero, D. (1995). “Prima Facie”, Active Reactive: 41-45.
- Del Favero, D. (1987). “Linea di Fuoco”, Photofile: 16-19.
Fully Refereed Conference Proceedings
- Del Favero, D. & Barker, T. (2010). ‘Scenario: Co-Evolution, Shared Autonomy & Mixed Reality’, 9th IEEE International
Symposium on Mixed & Augmented Reality 2010 – Arts, Media & Humanities Proceedings, pp. 11-18. DOI:10.1109/ISMARAMH. 2010.5643299, DP0556659 (2005-2009).
- Kuchelmeister, V., Shaw, J., McGinity, M., Del Favero, D. & Hardjono, A. (2009). ‘Immersive Mixed Media Augmented Reality Application
& Technology’, Advances in Multimedia Information Processing – PCM 2009_, vol. 5879, DOI:10.1007/978-3-642-10467-1\109, LP0669163 (2006-2008).
- Kenderdine, S., Shaw, J., Del Favero, D. & Brown, N. (2008). ‘Co-Evolutionary Narrative & Virtual Heritage’, New Heritage Proceedings, pp. 35-44, LP0669163 (2006-2008).
- McGinity, M., Shaw, J., Del Favero, D., Kuchelmeister, V. & Hardjono, A. (2007). ‘AVIE: A Versatile Multi-User Stereo 360° Interactive
VR Theatre’, Proceedings of the 2007 Workshop Emerging Display Technologies: Images and Beyond: The Future of Displays and Interaction, doi:10.1145/1278240.1278242.
- Thurow, S. (2019). Capabilities and Limitations of Collaboration in the Artistic Process. In Elasticity conference, Performance Studies International, University of Calgary, Canada, July 4-7.
- Thurow, S. (2019). Digital Technologies as Conduit for the Communication of Indigenous Australian Heritage. In Body of Knowledge: Art and Embodied Cognition Conference, Deakin University, Melbourne, June 27-29.
- Thurow, S., Del Favero, D., Wake, C., Pagnucco, M., Williams, K., Scott-Mitchell, M., Wallen, L. & Schostakowski, B. (2019). iDesign – New Capabilities for Set Design. In PQ Talks @ Prague Quadrennial of Performance Design and Space, Industrial Palace & Exhibition Grounds, Prague, Czech Republic, June 7-15. LP170100471, 3 years.
- Thurow, S. (2018). Big hART – Processes of Care in Art-Making. In Aesthetics, Politics & Histories. The Social Context of Art, Art Association of Australia and New Zealand, Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology, Melbourne, Australia, December 5-8.
- Thurow, S., Yip, A. & Ong, A. (2018). iDesign: New Paradigms for Collaborative and Immersive Theatre Design. In OzViz 2018, Expanded Perception & Interaction Centre, The University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia, November 22. LP170100471, 3 years.
- Del Favero, D., Thurow, S., & Wake, C. (2018). Dialogical Aesthetics – Reconfiguring Theatrical Spaces Through Digital Technology. In Theatre & Technology Conference, Society for Theatre Studies, Institute for Media & Culture Studies, Heinrich-Heine-Universität, Düsseldorf, Germany, November 8-11.
- Del Favero, D. (2018). ‘AI & Advanced Creativity: An Emerging Horizon’, Digital Humanities Australia, University of South Australia, Adelaide, Keynote Presentation, LP170100471 (2018-2020).
- Thurow, S. & Del Favero, D. (2018). ‘Intra_Space – Exploring the Actor through Artificial Intelligence’ presented at Actors and Acting in the Twenty-First Century Conference, Australasian Drama Studies Association, Victorian College of the Arts, Melbourne, June 26-29.
- Thurow, S. (2017). ‘I Am Eora: Nation-Building on the Postcolonial Stage’, presented at Performing Belonging in the 21st Century Conference, Australasian Drama Studies Association, Auckland University of Technology, Auckland, New Zealand, June 27-30.
- Thurow, S. (2016). ‘Performed Resilience!? Identity Construction in Contemporary Australian Intercultural Theatre Practice’, presented at Resilience: Revive, Restore, Reconnect Conference, Australasian Drama Studies Association, University of Southern Queensland, Toowoomba, June 21-24.
- Thwaites, D. (2015). ‘The False Continuities of Ryan Trecartin’ presented at the Australasian Society for Continental Philosophy Conference, UNSW, Sydney, 2 – 4 December.
- Del Favero, D. (2015). ‘Aesthetics & Machine Intelligence’, Libidinal Circuits: Scenes of Urban Innovation III, FACT, Liverpool, UK, DP0556659 (2005-2009).
- Del Favero, D. (2014). ‘Transactions in 3D Space: Database or Narrative Events?’, 3D-Symposium Beyond: Designing for the Future, ZKM, Karlsruhe, Germany, DP0556659 (2005-2009).
- Del Favero, D .(2013). ‘Aesthetics & Artificial Intelligence’, Beyond 3D Festival: 3D-Symposium Parallax, University of Art and Design, Karlsruhe, Germany, DP0556659 (2005-2009).
- Thurow, S. (2013). ‘Theatre as Strategic Intervention into Racist Discourses Affecting Australian Cultural Relations – Big hART Inc.’s Namatjira’, presented at Reconfiguring Anti-Racism: Tolerance, Harmony, Inclusion or Justice Conference, Deakin University, Melbourne, December 9-10.
- Thurow, S. (2013). ‘Indigeneity and Transcultural Communities: Big hART Inc.’s Namatjira’, presented at Challenging Boundaries: Postcolonial Narratives and Notions of the Global Conference, Association for Anglophone Postcolonial Studies, Georg-August Universität, Göttingen, Germany, October 9-11.
- Thurow, S. (2013). ‘Indigeneity and Transcultural Communities: Big hART Inc.’s Namatjira’, presented at In the Balance: Indigeneity, Performance, Globalization Conference, Centre for International Theatre and Performance Research, Royal Holloway University, London, UK, October 24-27.
- Thwaites, D. (2013). ‘Mutating Assemblages: The Deterritorialization of Tradition in the Ceramics of Park Young-Sook and Yeesookyung’ presented at The First International Deleuze Studies in Asia Conference, Tamkang University, Taipei, Taiwan, May 31–June 2.
- Thwaites, D. (2011). ‘A la Recherche du Temps Perdu: The Contemporary Taste for Lomography and Vinyl Records’ at Annual Conference for the Australasian Society for Continental Philosophy, La Trobe University, Melbourne, Australia, December 12–15.
- Del Favero, D. & Pagnucco, M. (2011). ‘Artificially Intelligent Aesthetics’, NIEA Experimental Arts Double Conference, UNSW, Sydney, DP0556659 (2005-2009).
- Barker, T., Del Favero, D. & Hardjono, A. (2010). ‘Memory Processes & Frontier Technology’, War Literature & the Arts Conference, Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs, USA, DP0556659 (2005-2009).
- Thwaites, D. (2010). ‘Art and Political Economy: Deconstructing Kant’s Aesthetic Hierarchies’ at The 2nd ‘Derrida Today’ International Conference, Kingston University, London, UK, July 19-21.
- Del Favero, D., Brown, N., Shaw, J. & Weibel, P. (2007). ‘Experimental Aesthetics & Interactive Narrative’, Australian Council of University Art & Design Schools Conference, UNSW, Sydney, DP0556659 (2005-2009).
- Del Favero, D. (2006). ‘Interactive Narrative & Memory’, Inviting Horror Conference, V2 Institute, Amsterdam, Netherlands.
- Del Favero, D. (2005). ‘The Aesthetic Transcription of Televisual Databases’, Present Continuous Past Conference, University of the Arts, Bremen, Germany, DP0345547 (2003-2005).
Expanded Cinematic Forms of Narration
Dennis Del Favero
Interactive narrative as a multi-temporal agency
Neil Brown, Dennis Del Favero, Jeffrey Shaw, Peter Weibel
Flannery – Botanising the interface
The Representation of Space and the Space of Representation: a Cognitive Science Introduction to JIG
Mark W. Peters, Barry Drake
T_Visionarium: the aesthetic transcription of televisual databases
Dennis Del Favero, Neil Brown, Jeffrey Shaw, Peter Weibel
AVIE: A Versatile Multi-User Stereo 360° Interactive VR Theatre
Matthew McGinity, Jeffrey Shaw, Volker Kuchelmeister, Ardrian Hardjono, Dennis Del Favero
Toward a Process Philosophy for Digital Aesthetics
Immersive Mixed Media Augmented Reality Applications and Technology.
Scenario: Co-Evolution, Shared Autonomy and Mixed Reality
Dennis Del Favero and Timothy Barker
Performing Digital Aesthetics: The Framework for a Theory of the Formation of Interactive Narratives
Neil C.M Brown, Timothy Barker, Dennis Del Favero