- All Projects
- ConFIGURING the CAVE
- Conversations@the Studio
- Cross Currents
- Darling River Journey
- Dead Heat
- Deep Sleep
- Double District
- iCASTS - Mining VR
- La Dispersion du Fils
- Magnesium Light
- There is still time... Brother
- Web of Life
ARC Project Investigators: Dennis Del Favero, Jill Bennett, Neil Brown, Jeffrey Shaw, Peter Weibel, Ursula Frohne, Johnny Chan.
Artistic Directors: Dennis Del Favero with Stephen Sewell, Elwira Titan and Peter Weibel
ARC Project Title: The aesthetic reformulation of the atmosphere using intelligent imaging systems.
ARC Discovery Grant ID: DP120102243
An artificially intelligent computer graphic installation
Nebula is an artificially intelligent interactive computer graphic installation that investigates the emergence of an interactive aesthetics of the atmosphere made possible through the integration of new imaging processes combining remote sensing and immersive technology. Through experimental application of a remote sensing visualisation system it demonstrates how visual narratives of the atmosphere can be jointly produced by users and intelligent imaging systems through their reciprocal interaction in the representation of atmospheric data. In its explanation of the interactive processes underlying this new genre of contemporary image formation, the study transforms our insight into how revolutionary new technology can impact on Australia’s understanding of the climate.
Nebula Cinema Trailer.
- Art of Immersion: Virtual Frontiers, ZKM, Karlsruhe, 2017
- Sydney Film Festival, Sydney, 2016
- ISEA16, Hong Kong, 2016
- Tactical Imaginary, Sydney College of the Arts, 2015
- Firewall, William Wright Projects, Sydney, 2014
- Galerie Schürmann & Laskowski, Cologne, 2016
- Libidinal Circuits: Scenes of Urban Innovation III, FACT (Foundation of Art and Creative Technology), Liverpool, 2015
- Redlands Konica Minolta Art Prize, National Art School Gallery, Sydney, 2015
- Art Cologne (Galerie Brigitte Schenk), Cologne, 2016
- GLOBALE, ZKM Museum of Contemporary Art, Karlsruhe, 2015