- PhD, University of Technology, Sydney
- BA (Hons), Visual Arts, University of Western Sydney
Dr Nicola Teffer has worked with some of Sydney’s leading cultural institutions as a curator, researcher, writer, lecturer and editor. She has curated award-winning exhibitions about Sydney’s social and urban histories and has contributed to a number of publications covering a range of interests in contemporary arts and culture, with a particular focus on the intersections of art, technology and visual culture.
Nicola is a professionally accredited editor, and before joining iCinema worked across the education, GLAM and interactive entertainment industries. In her current role as curator on the NetARChive project she is delighted to be making the rich material history of collections accessible through the creation of meaningful and innovative experiences for museum audiences.
- Teffer, N. (2020). Louise Hearman. In Natasha Bullock, Kelli Cole, Deborah Hart, Elspeth Pitt, Meredith McKendry and Yvette Dal Pozzo (eds.), Know my Name (p.185). Canberra: National Gallery of Australia.
- Teffer, N. (2020). Know my Name. Website for an Art Event in partnership with Ooh! Media, 9 Nov 2020 – 31 Jan 2021, National Gallery of Australia, Canberra
- Teffer, N. (2017). Demolished Sydney. Curated exhibition, Museum of Sydney, Sydney Living Museums.
- Teffer, N. (2013-14). Celestial City: Sydney’s Chinese Story. Curated exhibition, Museum of Sydney, Sydney Living Museums.